.::Rezerwa 126p::. Strona Główna .::Rezerwa 126p::.
BEZ KOMUNISTYCZNEJ ADMINISTRACJI

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy  StatystykiStatystyki
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj  AlbumStrona główna

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
126p first gear grinding noise
Autor Wiadomość
don.giannis 

Wysłany: 2024-03-08, 15:59   126p first gear grinding noise

Hello.

When shifting into first gear from neutral position slowly it goes like butter but when I try to shift a bit "faster" there's grinding noise. Reverse works with no problem. This is happening when the car is stationary. I tried shifting to second gear and then to first to see if the problems stays but like this it works just fine. I tensioned clutch cable, replaced worn out lollipop in shifter housing, replaced linkage and changed the oil in gearbox.
Is this common thing on these unsynchronized gearboxes? Should I just learn to shift first to second gear and then into the first or just be more gentle and patient with the gear stick ? :)
Or is it possible that the first gear teeth worn out?

Thank you for your responses.

Jani

romek 

Wysłany: 2024-03-10, 17:38   

It's the same in my 126p. I have to put the lever in as if I were putting in 2nd gear (but without turning it on, just touching the resistance point) and it goes in smoothly. If I put it into 1st gear normally, there is a slight grating noise. This is rather normal in 126p, I read that it is about braking the gears in the gearbox. When I had a 126elx, it was quiet. Then the axle shaft was replaced (removal of the gearbox) and there was this grinding noise. But after the next removal of the gearbox (engine overhaul), there was silence again. Maybe the problem is in the clutch shaft. But I think it's normal in 126.

'86 Polski Fiat 126p ZFA Bleu Lord (2003-2010)
'99 Fiat 126 ELX Maluch Town SX 90's Style (2016-2019)

Jest:
'93 Polski Fiat 126p FL-2 454 Szmaragd (2023- )

wojt 
wojt

Wysłany: 2024-03-11, 18:48   

This is normal. When the gears are quickly engaged, the gears do not have time to stop and grind. You have to engage slowly, or rather the point is to press the clutch pedal and only in a moment engage 1st gear

don.giannis 

Wysłany: 2024-04-20, 21:35   

Also... sometimes I can't engage the first and reverse gear and sometimes gearbox grinds even after shifting from first to second gear. Is this because of worn main gear synchronizer or because of bad clutch and thurst bearing?

wojt 
wojt

Wysłany: 2024-04-22, 14:56   

That sometimes you can't turn on 1 or reverse is normal. Then you have to take it easy, let go of the clutch and try again. As for the grind of the 2nd gear, it may be a worn synhronizator ring on the gear.

Odpowiedz do tematu