.::Rezerwa 126p::. Strona Główna .::Rezerwa 126p::.
BEZ KOMUNISTYCZNEJ ADMINISTRACJI

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy  StatystykiStatystyki
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj  AlbumStrona główna

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
126p BIS Oil Burning when Warm - Pistons?
Autor Wiadomość
poxxxy 

Wysłany: 2014-08-05, 23:46   126p BIS Oil Burning when Warm - Pistons?

Hi everyone,

My car is burning oil when warm... I have replaced the head and gaskets twice and no water is getting into combustion chamber. Today I stripped the sump and pushed the pistons out. Could anything here be causing my issues?

Does anyone know of any oversized pistons for the bis to increase displacement?

I am also considering a cam upgrade. Maybe someone can help? Perhaps kaluza or swiatec? Which do people recommend?

The maluch has a CC700 head on there at the moment with the 35mm valves :) . My FOS 30 S2HR carburettor is missing the choke linkage (completely!) from the butterfly valve rod, I could really do with this... but I think I may just need a new carb as it doesn't seem to be in good shape.

Any help with the car would be appreciated as I would love to get her on the road!

Hope everyone is well.

Best regards,
Lee

Cylinder 1 Wall

Cylinder 2 wall:

Pistons (Cylinder 1 piston on the right):

Smokey video:
http://youtu.be/Rjol_4Cad0YSmokey Video

poxxxy 

Wysłany: 2014-08-07, 22:38   

Nanni ricambi's 82mm pistons and 130mm con rods are tempting (piston compression would be -12mm from original to counter the longer con rods) but i'm being told by all the aircooled people that aircooled hot cams and aircooled bigger pistons won't fit in the watercooled... whats the real deal? :) .

I tried to deglaze the bores a little with some tool my dad had to hand... pieces of emery cloth /sand paper that spin out to the bore... unfortunately to get it to go evenly the speed had to be quite high so a cross hatch wasn't really possible with the tool.

I decided to clean up the pistons & conrods today and weigh them... 4-5 gram difference between the two! They started to oxidise slightly after drying so gave them a soak in wd40... also snapped 1 piston ring :( , brittle thing... you live you learn was tempted before that to just throw it together after roughing everything up and seeing what happens... but now I definately need at least some new rings :) .

As for the damage to the bellhousing, it is a bugger for sure... and looks like something drastic as took place in its history :( lol. The bolt looks like its snapped off in the block so will be attempting to remove that tomorrow... may source a new bell housing or get my dad to fabricate a plate that will replicate the job!

Some pictures from today:

Cylinder 1 slightly deglazed but pitting still there... might be able to get away with it I guess:

[URL=http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/poxxxy/media/Fiat%20126%20Restoration/cylinder1ring_zps9b679be4.jpg.html]
Checking piston ring clearance... anyknow know what it should be?[/URL]
Cylinder 2 slightly deglazed:

Con rods being cleaned in the sink for a while (Mr muscle oven cleaner and wire wool for afterwards...):

Afterwards:

Snapped piston ring :( :

Franku 

Ostrzeżeń:
 2/3/6
Wysłany: 2014-09-15, 00:37   

Welcome. Looking at the pictures I advise you to change the piston rings. Because they are used to lubricate the oil going to get the combustion chamber and therefore flies with blue exhaust smoke. Piston rings it is you broke. One more thing. You probably have to change cylinders .If no pitting or feel under the finger deep scratches that means that the cylinders should be changed to new ones.

fifi 
Weteran
PF 126 BIS 704

Wysłany: 2014-10-21, 10:03   

poxxxy, first of all I see that your engine was used on water instead of cooling liquid !!
but nice work, if you have some questions you can write an email to me

Odpowiedz do tematu